In my History of Parenting blog series I unpack modern parenting and put it in perspective by bringing you fascinating stories about our parenting past.
In the history of parenting series
- Godfrey’s Cordial: the good old days when everyone drugged their babies
- Weird and wonderful gems of parenting advice from the 1860s
- Parenting from the trenches – Dads in WWI
- When did parenting become a science?
- Baby Incubators: Coney Island’s Longest Running Sideshow
- Breast may be best but at least bottles won’t kill your baby these days
- Baby Crawling Races (with beer) – New Year’s Eve the 1950s way
- 6 outrageous myths of modern parenting
- Celebrating Mother’s Day Ancient Greek-style
- 5 vintage toys with unexpected histories
- A history of bedwetting cures
- A brief history of indoor flushing toilets
- A history of the single parent pension in Australia
- Daycare: it ain’t what it used to be (and that’s a good thing)