Rev your engines, folks, Monster Jam ® is coming to Melbourne!
If, like me, this is the first time you’ve heard of Monster Jam, here’s a basic rundown: big huge ginormous high-powered trucks – 4 metres tall, 4 metres wide, weighing around 5,500kgs – with massive wheels roar around an arena doing really awesome tricks like flying over the top of other cars.
The whole family wears earplugs and has a wheely ace time.
For 2 hours or so the Monster Jam trucks compete against each other:
- Monster Jam Wheelies – who can do the highest sky wheelie, without flipping over?
- Racing – who will get to the finish line first?
- Donuts – yes, they’re legal at Monster Jam. Who will spin the fastest and tightest?
- Freestyle – anything goes as the drivers push their trucks to the edge of their abilities with daring stunts.
The Monster Trucks can accelerate from 0-100kph in under 3 seconds and they get seriously airborne – covering up to 50m in a single leap (further than 14 cars side by side) and up to 12m skywards.
When is it happening?
Kicking off on October 1, Monster Jam is revving its way around Australia soon:
- 01 October – 7pm – QSAC, Brisbane
- 08 October – 2pm and 7pm – AAMI Park, Melbourne
- 15 October – 7pm – Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- 22 October – 7pm – ANZ Stadium, Sydney
- 29 October – 2pm and 7:30pm – Domain Stadium, Perth
Is it OK for young kids?
I had the same question – my boys LOVE trucks but they’re 3 and 6 so I wasn’t sure. I looked it up on the Monster Jam website. Here’s what they say:
“Nobody is too young or too old for Monster Jam! Monster Jam is a family show, so Mums, Dads, teenagers and grandparents get as much out of Monster Jam as the kids do!”
FREE DOWNLOAD: Monster Jam colouring sheets for the kids!
Looking for something to keep the kids amused these school holidays? Download:
How do I get my tickets for the Australian tour?
Monster Jam events are affordably priced for the whole family with seats starting from just $28:
- Brisbane & Perth visit Ticketmaster or call 136 100.
- Melbourne, Adelaide & Sydney are online through Ticketek or call 132 849.
With over 170,000 tickets sold nationwide last year, Monster Jam fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets early to avoid missing out.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the Monster Jam website.
GIVEAWAY: Monster Jam Mega Melbourne Prize Pack!
I’m very excited to be offering a truly massive prize to go and see these ginormous trucks! It even includes Party in the Pit passes to get up close and personal with Monster Jam® Trucks, their drivers & more. You’ll have the chance to get autographs and take pictures with the trucks & their drivers.
One lucky Victorian reader will win this huge prize pack:
- 4 x tickets to the Monster Jam show in Melbourne (7pm, 8 October at AAMI Park)
- 4 x pit passes
- Monster Jam merchandise bag
- Monster Jam year book
- Ear muffs
- 3 x trucks
If you live in Victoria (you have to live in Victoria to enter this one!) simply follow the prompts below to enter. It’s a random draw, no need to answer any tricky questions! Good luck 🙂